Unable to connect Roon on PC to NAS (works fine with Mac)

I’m trying to run Roon 2.0 using Windows 10 on a Lenovo IdeaPad S145 with Intel(R) Core™ i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz, 8GB of RAM and an SSD disk.

The PC is connected to my LAN via WiFi (a Ubiquiti access point) and Netgear switches.

ISSUE: When attempting to set up a folder on my Synology NAS as Music folder I get a message saying either “Error Loading Folder. Not available”. When trying to add it a a “New network share” I get the message “Invalid network path specified”.

NB: All this works 100% from my three other computers at home (all Macs) via either WiFi or wire. I can connect and log in to my NAS from the same PC without any issues.

Does anyone have an idea what I am missing?

Thanks in advance!

//Ola

Can you post a screenshot of the “Add network share” screen in Roon so that we can see the network path that you are using?

Thanks. Here’s a screenshot. NB: I use the same path when connecting with my Mac (save for the system-specific differences).

Hi @Ola_Harstrom,

Thank you for providing the screen shots and information surrounding your issue. Is the issue still present?

Are you able to access the share by using the IP address instead of the name?

What happens if you just use guest as the username?

Thanks,
Wes

Hi Wes!

Thank you for responding - sorry for slow reply…

When I first got the issue I did try using the IP address to no avail and now also attempted with “guest” but unfortunately, I got the same result.

//Ola

Hi @Ola_Harstrom,

No worries. Life definitely has us all busy!

Regarding the quotation above. How are you accessing the network share on the Lenovo? Can you elaborate on that part for me?

Thanks,
Wes

Thanks Wes!

This means that my NAS shows up in File Explorer under Networks and that I, by clicking on it and providing username/pw, can log in and use all of its utilities.

Now, being asked to “elaborate” I also tried to mount any folder on the NAS through File Explorer and that did NOT work… I essentially got the same message as in Roon and Windows was unable to give me any clues.

Should have thought of this. Seems like I’ve bumped into the same issue from two directions.

Do you have any thoughts or should I perhaps try reaching out to Synology?

Tx!

//Ola

Hi @Ola_Harstrom,

It does seem to be an issue outside of Roon. That said, it might be as easy as adding additional sharing permissions or editing the existing ones. I don’t have any direct NAS experience to help you beyond that, unfortunately. I will leave this thread open though. If you can’t get any meaningful support from them I will do my best to rally the troops and see if we can find an answer!

Wes

Hi Wes!

Agreed.

Thanks.

//Ola

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.