Unable to connect Roon player to Nucleus+ after power loss

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus+

• Roon Server: Version 1.7 (build 667)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Connected via ethernet to home network.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

• USB: Sony TA-ZH1ES
  • Network: Various Airplay devices

Description Of Issue

When I start the Roon player on any device (PC, Phone, Table, etc.), it shows the animated Roon loading icon, but never finishes loading. I can access the Nucleus+ via the browser using the IP address. I’ve rebooted the Nucleus+, but the Roon player is still not able to load any albums. However, I can access the settings and they look correct. That said, it showed a warning that it was not able to log into Qobuz. When I try to reset the password, it does not load the UI for it. So it seems the settings UI is only partially working.

I noticed the problem in the afternoon, but I suspect it happened because of a power outage we had in the morning.

Any suggestions to get the Nucleus+ running again?

Looking at the logs, I see quite a few network errors:

11/20 01:12:11 Debug: [roon/cifs] returned 32: mount error(101): Network is unreachable

What is odd, is that I can reach the Nucleus+, but it doesn’t seem to be able to reach anything on my network or anything beyond.

Okay, looks like the patient has recovered after this procedure:

1. Unplug everything
  2. Wait 15 minutes
  3. Plug everything back in
  4. Power on
  5. Wait 15 minutes

Really strange. My best guess is that the power outage caused the network interface to go into a funky state that was only resolved after completely draining the Nucleus+ of any residual power.

1 Like

Hi @Steve_Bjorg,

Thanks for letting us know that the Nucleus is up and running after following that procedure!

As a precautionary measure, I also activated diagnostics mode for your account and what this has done is send a log report for review to our servers.

I just reviewed the logs and I’m not seeing any critical errors, so I do agree that it could have been a strange state that the reboot cleared up.

In any case, I’ll go ahead and close this thread but if you have any further difficulties with the Nucleus, please let us know.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.