Unable to connect to core since upgrading to version 1.7 (build 555)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Core windows 10 home OS, v1.7 (build 555)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wireless Mesh network TP Link Deco M4

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Various Sonos Speakers
Apple TV
Marantz 1509 AV Receiver
Apple iPad
Apple iPhone XR with a
Audioquest Dragonfly Red

Description Of Issue

Apple iPad and iPhone unable to connect to Core after upgrade to v1.7 build 555

I had the same, but my Core is Linux on Debian. A reboot of the Core NUC fixed it. Did you reboot your Core PC after the update? Reboot shouldn’t be necessary after an update, but was needed this time - on Debian Linux anyway…

My core is on Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS. I updated to build 555 without any problem, reboot unnecessary. So, the problem you’ve experienced is not the same for all.

Right. I guess that is why this has slipped past Roon QC. This is the first time I had to reboot after a Roon update by the way.

EDIT: added Linux distro in my post to make it more specific.

Hi @Andre_Arendse,

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

I have sometimes seen Windows remove Roon as an added exception, so I would check this aspect and re-add the exceptions (even if they’re already there) to see if it helps.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.