BT Home Smart Hub 2
All devices hard wired

Connected Audio Devices

MiniDSP SHD vis Optical from TV
Genelec 8341A Speakers
OLED TV plus various sources via HDMI

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I am having an issue connecting to my Roon Core web interface.

I recently had FTTP installed by BT Openreach and all is well except being able to connect to the core.
I have checked my BT web interface and confirmed the IP address and have checked the Core itself and confirmed the IP address too and they match.

When I type in the web address for the Core, it just continues to search with no success?

Obviously I cannot connect to my Roon app on any device as it cannot find the Core.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

As a first step I’d suggest rebooting everything–core, client devices, and all you networking gear (router, switches etc). If that doesn’t work, could you check that your core and the device you’re trying to access it from are both on the same subnet, i.e. that they each have an IP address that shares the same first three sections (e.g. 192.168.0.xxx).

1 Like

Hi Dave.

Thanks for responding!

I have reset my Hub/Router and all client devices with no success.
The Core has had the same Static address for over a year with no issues until now.
I have the Core running now and have used a HDMI cable to the TV to check the status.
It confirms the Core is running successfully and tells me to access it direct via its address: 192.168.1.***
I have confirmed the address vis the BT Smart Hub web page too.
When I type the address into a webpage, it just says its taking too long to respond?

Very strange?

Its looking likely that I may have to re-Install the ROON Core :frowning:

Before you do that it would be worth turning off any firewalls or VPN software and checking that IPv6 is turned off on your smart hub. All three are known to cause problems with Roon.

Also, it might be worth setting the core’s IP address via DHCP rather than setting a fixed address, just in case its causing problems in your new setup.

1 Like

Right, I think I may have discovered my error.
After the new installation of the FTTP broadband, I struggled to set things back up again and had to manually input the details for the Intel NUC. One of the settings is: SUBNET MASK. I checked online and input 255.255.255.255 into the ROON software on my PC. That’s when thing went wrong.
Looking at my BT Hub web interface, it says the SUBNET MASK is 255.255.255.0

Is this the issue do you think and if so, how do I fix it if I can’t get into the ROON software??

I can change the SUBNET MASK figures within the Hub but I’m reluctant to do this as it may screw all my other devices and there is almost 30 of them.

Can you hook up a mouse, keyboard and TV to the NUC?

1 Like

Yes mate. Do you have a solution?

Yes. Attach a keyboard and monitor up and enter

“resetnetwork”

This will reset the network settings to DHCP default.

See:

2 Likes

That should sort it if you’re running ROCK on your NUC.

1 Like

Aw Dave…I could hug you right now mate! :slight_smile:

You are an absolute star you really are! I’ve spent all day trying to get this to work and you come along and save the day!

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Best wishes,

Mike. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

I think @Rugby deserves the credit for that last bit, but I’m glad you’re up and running again.

1 Like

Hi Bud.

I’ve just realised I gave all the praise to Dave!! Not that he didn’t deserve it!!

So sorry!! Thank you too for your input!! You’re amazing!! :slight_smile:

Mike.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.