Unable to connect to NAS since upgrade to 2.6 on sT

@agillis i upgraded to 2.6 on my sT i7 a few days ago and since then i have not been able to get Roon to connect to my Synology. Roon shows “This drive is not available” even though i can still connect to the drive and directory form my computer.

This is impacting my music folder and my backup folders (which are both on the same NAS). I tried defining a new storage location on the NAS but that did not work either.

Software Versions:

• The Synology DSM version is “DSM 6.1.6-15266 Update 1”, in case it makes a difference.
  • I have Roon Server v1.4 (build 310) installed on the sT.
  • I have tried looking for further SonicOS updates but i seem to be running the latest iteration of 2.6

Does this sound like an sT/SonicOS problem or should i escalate it to Roon support?

Thanks

I emailed you.

thank you for your help solving this!

I have the same issue, unable to connect to the ST from Mac after update.

I too had this issue after the 2.6 update, but @agillis addressed it quickly through a remote session. He is always quick to reply with help, in my experience.

this does not sound like it is the same issue i had. in my case roon on sT was not able to connect to my NAS storage. i did not have problems accessing the sT though.

If anybody has any problems with a Small Green Computer product please go to our home page and click “contact us” in the lower right. We will help you as quickly as possible.

I cannot connect to the internal HD, ST is visible on the network.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thx, will do!

I’m having the same problems as the original poster, Roon no longer connects to Synology NAS. I have emailed you Andrew, hope you can get to me soon.

Same thing here! The NAS is visible, works perfectly, but Roon cannot connect to it anymore… I will contact Small Green Computer right away.

Problem solved with a solution suggested in the thread “Roon DNS cache problem after STi5 upgrade to 2.6” - @agillis you can ignore my previous message! :slight_smile: (Adding .local after the NAS name - simple as that.)

Good to hear you have it working.

have had the same problem for 3 days now. I have tried every permutation of the ip and smb addresses, including the addition of .local. I simply get “drive not available”, or “Error loading folder - not available”. I can see and access the NAS form any other device.

SonicTransporter i7, Drobo5N NAS.