Unable to connect to Roon core from my iPhone 11 Pro

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020)
1.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16 GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4
macOS Catalina 10.15.5

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WiFi Network 5GHz
IPv4 address: 192.168.1.76
Supplied PlusNet modem/router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

iPhone 11 Pro running Roon Remote app
IP Address: 192.168.1.66

Description Of Issue

I’m unable to locate the Roon Core on my network, even when I input the IP address for the app to scan. I’ve followed the troubleshooting steps here: https://kb.roonlabs.com/Why_can’t_Roon_Remote_Connect%3F
No luck. Mac OS X Firewall is off. Have rebooted iPhone and MacBook Air multiple times. Connecting to MacBook Air to modem/router is not possible due to its location and lack of cables and ethernet port on the laptop.

Hello @Warren_Raye, and welcome to the community! Have you rebooted your router also? Do you have other computers on the network that can see your Mac?

Lastly, has this always been the case or did this start happening recently? Are other remotes having this issue? Let me know!

This is a new problem to me as I only downloaded Roon and Roon Remote on the weekend for the first time. I am a new trial Roon user.

I did not try to re-boot the router on the network at my colleague’s house where I was based over the weekend. I will try that next time I am there. I wasn’t able to connect with my iPhone, 2 other different iPhones and an iPad at my colleague’s house.

I realised it had to be a networking issue when I came home and tried using my own network yesterday. There are now zero problems with Roon Remote on my iPhone 11 Pro connecting to the Roon Core on my MacBook Air on my own home network.

Hello @Warren_Raye, sounds like a plan! Let me know if you have further issues after a reboot.

Hi @nuwriy, rebooting the router worked a treat! :slight_smile: I should have thought of that last week.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.