Unable to connect to Roon

Core Machine

Core machine is a HP Envoy2000 Laptop I3 with 4gb ram and Windows 10 OS. A 6TB hard drive containing approximately 8000 albums is connected to the laptop via USB cable. Laptop is connected to a Schiit Yggdrasil DAC via USB. DAC is connected to my preamp via XLR cables.

Network Details

WRITE HERE- I am not using the wifi in any way with this system.

Audio Devices

WRITE HERE-See above

Description of Issue- First, I have to say that I am computer illiterate. I know nothing about these, so any help you can offer must keep that in mind. Generally speaking I’ve run ROON successfully for the past several years with only a few hiccups-most occurring right after new builds or updates. The current problem is this- I start ROON, and all seems to progress like normal. Then when it looks as if it going to start I get a blank white screen with a red X over the whole thing. This lasts for 1-2 seconds, then it all shuts down. I have uninstalled then reinstalled ROON several times, all with the same aforementioned result. This has all occurred since 1.8 came, but my stuff was working for a couple weeks into 1.8. I have been ROONless now for 2 weeks. Anybody able to help? Thanks, Dave

WRITE HERE

Search the forum for red x. You’ll vind plenty of hits. Maybe there’s a solution for you.

Thanks for your help. I tried it and still am having the same issue. Amazing how problems always crop up after updates. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

Dave

Apologies for the delay! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

Do you have any antivirus or firewall running on this device? If you disable them temporarily is there any change?

Hey @David_Warren,

Even though it’s been so long, I was wondering, are you able to connect to Roon? Is there anything else we can help with? :nerd_face:

This topic was automatically closed after 45 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.