Unable to connect to Tidal through Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

My Roon Core is a Mac Mini Roon Version 1.7 build 511

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Sky Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bluesound Vault2, Meridian 218

Description Of Issue

I’m having trouble using Tidal through Roon. All was ok until recently.
I out of Tidal but I am not able to log back in through Roon - I keep getting the message ‘Bad user name or password’
As when I check for an update I get a message ‘There was an error checking for an update’

Checking the versions of Roon I note that the iPad and Mac mini are using different builds. Also the attempted update for the Mac mini falls over every time.

I don’t know if this would work but maybe try installing the download from the Mac mini itself.
https://roonlabs.com/downloads

Tried this - didn’t work

All sorted.

Had to uninstall Roon from Mac Mini and then re-install. On re-installation the later version of Roon was installed. This resolved the problem and I was able to re-connect toTidal through Roon.

I hope this is an isolated occurrence.

1 Like

Hi @Stephen_Cartwright,

I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.