Unable to copy music from a NAS to the internal HD on my NUC

I’m having a similar problem. For months I have been able to transfer files between my Synology NAS (using DSM) and the internal HDD on my NUC running ROCK. I had successfully mounted a CIFS remote folder, but all of a sudden it will no longer connect and I can’t for the life of me figure out why…

f678edf368ca94d6377b0369f641dcb05a0b7b03_1_690x361

I think your problem is different as it’s related to the NAS, this one is about connecting to the ROCK share.

Hello @guerph,

Has your Synology NAS IP address changed by any chance? If you are using DHCP in your router, this is a possibility for you are unable to connect anymore. I would check your router’s DCHP page and see what the current IP of the NAS is under the DHCP table, edit the current IP to match the new one and try connecting again after doing so. Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Noris

NAS IP is static/reserved. Hasn’t changed @noris

Hello @guerph,

Have you by any chance tried to access the Synology NAS using SMB? That is another option here if DSM is not working. Although we often deal with Synology NAS(s) here at Roon, we don’t know specifics of how their protocols work and why it would fail all of the sudden. You might need to contact Synology if it is not showing up through their DSM application. Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Noris