Unable to download 1.8

I click on “Roon” at top left; then “about Roon”; then it says “downloading”; then it stops and says “There was an error checking for an update”… ?What should I do?

Hi,

I’ve moved your topic to the support section of the forum.
In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hi @Didier_Peron ,

Are you able to download the latest version from our Downloads Page?

I click on “Roon.dmg” download. It tries to download the new version, but every time it says: “There was an error checking for an update”
I have version 1.7 (build 555) stable, (works well, no complaints).
I use an iMac version 10.15.7, I have Verizon, I have an apple router. I am connected to my stereo via a USB cable. Not sure what else to tell you?.. ???

Another very scary problem… All my tags have disappeared!!!
I had organized my library into tags (hours of work). Where are they?
Thanks

Hi @Didier_Peron

Is the Mac your Core machine or are you using a different device as your Core?

Downloading the app directly from our downloads page should force the latest update to be installed. Can you share a screenshot of the message you’re seeing?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.