Unable to get logged in after backup restore

Disturbing if there was another issue. It’s my understanding that Roon finally added quality checks to their backup procedure. Thus corrupted backups I thought would be a nightmare of the past.

2 Likes

Hi @Jamie_Dewoody,

After further review, you appear to be encountering a known issue in which migrating RoonServer causes Remote connectivity issues. We have an urgent ticket with development to address this problem and implement a fix - we’ll comment on the status in this thread once we have a more precise sense of the timeline.

1 Like

Hi @Jamie_Dewoody,

Are you still experiencing this problem on the most recent build?

Connor,

I have not tried another restore since rebuilding from scratch over 2 months ago. Thanks.

Jamie

I have the same issue! @support please help. After database restore I can’t connect on Android devices. Really painful. These makes backups useless.

Same problem here. Very frustrating to read that there is an " urgent ticket" about this topic since… Feb 8. Any news, @connor ?

Hi @Patrick_Douville,

The tech support team has reviewed diagnostics from your account, and there’s no evidence that you’re encountering the same issue as the above users.

There appear instead to be two issues possibly underpinning the symptoms you’re seeing:

1. Your Android device appears to be loading Roon on a previous build, Roon 2.0 (build 1219). There were connectivity changes made after this build, so before testing anything, try updating all your devices to the same build as your Core (1234).

2. Roon is having difficulty mounting the network share location on which you’re storing local content.
    If you’re able to supply us with a screenshot of your Watched Folder structure from Roon → Settings → Storage, it may help illuminate what’s happening. There’s also a chance the location is failing due to networking issues. How are both your Core and this storage location connected to your network? Ethernet connections direct to the upstream router are recommended. If you’re employing managed switches or access points, try removing these temporarily from the setup to test if they’re restricting your connection to the network share or Roon Remotes.

First of all, thanks for the very fast reply, Connor. Yes my setup is OK now, but I had to give up trying to get my backup restored. Not too much damage on my metadata but, still, it’s frustrating and that makes me (us) nervous for the future if backups remains useless.

About my Android device, it is no build 1242 and my Core (ROCK) is build 1244. Is that OK?

Again, thank you.

1 Like

Hello, I’m having the same problem… everything was running fine, the music stopped and the core (running on a Mac mini) had logged out - I’ve tried renaming the folders, reinstalling Roon and restoring from backups and it just takes me to the email login screen each time.

Hi all, I had this issue when migrating from Windows to Linux for my Roon Core, which is on a Dell Laptop with a Core i7 processor and 16 GB of RAM. The machine only hosts Roon Server without any UI. I used Roon’s recommended easy installer and the OS is the Debian-based elementaryOS.

For some reason, after restoring the backup from my Mac a couple of times and getting stuck in the ‘Select Core’ loop, i force exited Roon, logged in and all my data was there (so, playlists, entire library, enabled devices etc).

Not sure if this helps anyone but thought it wouldn’t hurt to share my experience.