Unable to hide albums in 1.8 [Resolved - Build 778]

Consider me educated! this is what I need, so all good regarding the reason for me hiding the majority of my albums.
of course Hide albums is useful, so it will be good when this is fixed

I have the same problem. Thought I had posted on this but can’t, yet, see my original. I started using Roon in Decmenber. Have spent time adjusting my local library to match roon abilities. When i first ripped CDs (years ago) i would separate different works on a CD into separte albums., e.g. X’s String quartets 1-3 became X Quartet 1; X quartert 2 etc. This is no lomger needed while using Roon. However, i do not want to re-rip or spend a lot of time editing my collection. The approach i have taken was to add a qobuz version to my library and then hide my local one. Still have some to do this with, but 1.8 does not allow it. Clicking on the Hide Album button does nothing.

Thank you, that indeed works for me in this case. Would still like to see that I’d be able to use the hide album function in the future :wink: hope this will be patched

Same issue for me — these screen shots perfectly capture what I am experiencing. 99% of my duplicates are AAC and FLAC versions ripped from a CD. Hide album command in the previous version of Roon worked for all of these. Can’t get one of ‘em to work now.

1 Like

I have the same problem. Thought I had posted on this but can’t, yet, see my original. I started using Roon in December. Have spent time adjusting my local library to match Roon abilities. When I first ripped CDs (years ago) I would separate different works on a CD into separate albums., e.g. X’s String quartets 1-3 became X Quartet 1; X quartet 2 etc. This is no longer needed while using Roon. However, i do not want to re-rip or spend a lot of time editing my collection. The approach I have taken was to add a qobuz version to my library and then hide my local one. Still have some to do this with, but 1.8 does not allow it. Clicking on the Hide Album button does nothing.

Is there a way to do this for Tidal albums without adding to my library/favoriting it?

The collapse of all albums types and the inability to hide non-library Tidal albums from Discography is frustrating when Tidal’s metadata slams multiple musicians of the same name together.

@ivan Thank for the feedback. Good to know that is in the pipeline to be fixed.

Thanks,

Federico

Hi, @akaatnene , thank you for the question, no this functionality does not work for non-library content.

Thanks!

Ivan

Is there any update on this? I am unsure if the Roon team are looking at this. None of my hidden albums now are. The hide album feature doesn’t’ Work. I am a relative novice re Roon. Should I be doing something more to get this dealt with. It should be an easy fix

Hi, @Colin_Rogers , our team is working on the fix for “Hide” feature.

Thanks!

Ivan

Excellent. Thanks for the swift response.

Hi @ivan I have this particular issue, singles and ep’s I have hidden, now appear on the overview and discography pages. I usually hide them when tracks are rereleased on albums.

They do not appear in my library > tracks (that’s good).

Will this be addressed too?

Roon has a very good piece of software compared to anything else out there but the quality of testing new releases needs a lot of work. We were sitting idle for weeks while we couldn’t access our library on an external disk when Catalina came out and now the hide function doesn’t work. In 1 artist grouping, I can’t shuffle because I have 10 albums that I have hidden and now those are showing up and part of the shuffle. In the future, when 1.9 comes out, I’ll wait until release 2.0 comes out before I’ll upgrade to 1.9.

Just noting the new set of bug fixes seen, by me, today. Well done on the rapid response. Please don’t forget the hide albums issue. The lack of it is making a mess of my library

Yup, we have a fix in testing but it wasn’t quite ready to ship this week.

But it’s definitely coming – thanks for your patience!

3 Likes

Is there any way I may have screwed up a setting regarding album versions? For example, I have two versions of an album by Dexter Gordon but I can only find one of the local versions plus a few Qobuz albums.

Kind of driving me crazy.

I’m a heavy tag user (niche I know) but I am able to find the albums via tags because I tag their versions.

Hi . I have the same problem here. Will the fix be available soon?

I put in a support ticket for this a day after 1.8 came out and no response yet. I don’t like the alternate response for grouping because as far as I know, there is no global setting to “ungroup” albums like there is a global setting to show/not show hidden albums. So if in the future, if I want to ungroup albums, how would I know which albums I grouped together? Also, this problem started with 1.8 for me. I have dozens of hidden albums and everything worked fine up until 1.8 came out.

1 Like

The latest update fixes the hide-bug. Thanks Roon-team!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.