Unable to import/sync Apple Music playlists to Roon

Roon Core Machine

I have an v10 i7 NUK running Roon Rock v1.0 (build 227). My music library resides on a 1TB SSD in my NUK.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

My NUK is connected via ethernet to an Eero 6 mesh router.

Connected Audio Devices

I use a MacBook Air (13", 2019) running MacOS v12.0.1 (Monterey).

Number of Tracks in Library

I have 63,677 tracks in my library.

Description of Issue

I would like playlists from Apple Music to appear in Roon. I have read several articles about sharing Music’s Library XML file and have tried repeatedly to add this in Settings>Storage>Folders. But the problem I have is that when I select “Add folder”, I get a screen that says “Select music storage folder” at the top and “Select this folder” at the bottom, but it doesn’t show any folder hierarchy for me to browse my way to where my Library XML resides.

There is an option on that screen to “Add network share”, not which I’ve tried pasting the path to where my Library XML file resides, but this always results in an error message.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi @ArchieBriggs,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this. We’d be happy to help!

First determine where your Apple Music (iTunes music) files are located on your computer or storage devices.

Then use these directions to create the XML file for your Apple Music files.

Name the file Library.xml and save it directly inside the folder containing your Apple Music files. If the xml file you have is recent you can skip the export step but ensure that it is named Library.xml and placed inside the folder containing your music.

Let’s say your Apple Music is located in User>Archie>Apple Music>Music. You’ll want to simply place your xml file inside the Music folder, as seen below.

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 3.26.54 PM

Next, you’ll return to the Settings>Storage and add the folder that contains your Apple Music/iTunes music and the xml file.

This Help Center how-to has more information on adding a watched folder:

That should get you going!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.