Unable to load library

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac, Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6, Roon 1.7

*Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Home Wifi with Google router. Strong signal @ 200 meg/sec

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

playing to Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 over wifi

Description Of Issue

Unable to import Library into Roon. Have tried all the suggestions in KB and online I can find. I don’t normally use Roon for playing music files as I have Audirvana but when I tried few albums show up. I have all my files on the desktop and the path to the folder seems straight forward but they don’t show up in Roon

Hi @Guy_Russell,

Are you receiving any errors? Can you share a screenshot of what you’re trying to add and what you’re seeing in Roon?

No error messages. Here’s the screen shots of the folder and Roon Library Albums. The Folder Music contains about 50 albums.

Here’s the other.

and here’s the library setting

Here’s the log file:

I’m not a MAC guy, but, in Windows the “Music” folder is a system specified folder that is not usually on the desktop. Are you sure THAT Music folder is the system specified folder?

Yes. I had sent a picture of the Library path in one of the screenshots.

Roon automatically looks at the default OS Music folder, which on a MAC is

Home/Music folder

By default , all of your music is stored in the Home/ Music folder . As it’s quite sensitive, Apple not only keeps it slightly hidden but also recommends users not to change the location of the music folder or the folders inside it

This is probably not the folder you have titled Music sitting on your desktop. Go to storage and ADD FOLDER, browse to the Music folder on your desktop and add it.

OR, copy all the files in the desktop Music folder to the OS Music folder.

Thanks for the information. I initially tried the ADD Folder method and did not find the albums in the Music Desktop folder even though the path in Roon shows its the correct one. If I look in the Home folder it is empty. There is no Music folder there. Any other thoughts?

Finally got it. Mac HD>Users>( my user name)>Desktop>Music. All is well. Thanks again Daniel.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.