Unable to login to Qobuz via Roon [Roon is investigating]

The link I added to my reply gives instructions on how to clear Qobuz cache in Roon.

Nothing will play from Qobuz within Roon. I can login to Qobuz, but nothing plays when I press play on a track. It persistently loads. Local files on the server play without issue.

Qobuz works fine outside of Roon.

I have rebooted by router, checked the DNS (8.8.8.8), rebooted the server, and cleared cache on the server.

Nothing has resolved the issue. Please help.

Roon Server is installed on Ubuntu Server 20.04.4 LTS.

I think there is something amiss between Roon’s internet CDN and Qobuz’s at the moment.
Reboot your server again, whenever you can be bothered, as I presume allows for a different connection path.

1 Like

Thanks for the information. I have the same problems too. I cannot sign in via Roon. If I sign in direct to Qobuz via PC it works. The problem seems to be with Roon. Lets wait and see how long it will last until they realize it.
Kind regards

I rebooted. No dice. Sounds like there’s a backend issue between Roon and Qobuz.

Thats what I said.

Well its nice to know its not my fault seemingly :wink: I have tried all the suggestions with no luck. OK…Can we get some feedback from Roon please. This is usually the time when I have bad feelings about Roon’s customer service system. Aside from one suggestion early yesterday suggesting it’s a Qobuz instigated problem, acknowledgement of this issue from support would be most welcome.

1 Like

If I look at the URL Roon tries to query to login I get an error message, if I try to call it myself. I think this may be related:

{“status”:“error”,“code”:400,“message”:"Invalid or missing app_id parameter …

This still is a probable possibility… If in Roon’s logs it can be shown that authentication requests to the Qobuz servers time out, the problem is rather on the Qobuz side than not.

BTW, I am one of the new Southamerican Qobuz clients, and here it is still working ok… Knocking on wood now…

Debug: [easyhttp] [] GET to https://www.qobuz.com/api.json/0.2/user/login?device_manufacturer_id=##&email=##&password=##&request_sig=##&request_ts=## timed out after 103924 ms

Here the app_id is missing and should maybe included from Roon

1 Like

Or is this parameter filtered out in the log output?

We can speculate and make semi-educated guesses :confounded:

Maybe Qobuz lately changed their authentication protocol… maybe this only affects users from some regions, while others seem unaffected… Whatever the reason, Roon support should be much more opportune and effective with apparently so many affected users…

2 Likes

Indeed. 24 hours and still no official recognition of an issue or that it’s being looked at. That sucks.

2 Likes

That’s not entirely accurate is it?
You know that Roon and particularly @AMP is aware and has indeed responded.

However it is also the weekend and Roon support do not officially work the weekend.

So I am afraid patience will be required here unfortunately.
Thank you.

Just going to remind all members of this.

It’s not the first time this has happened and I’m sure it won’t be the last but…
Invariably it has usually found to have been caused by some changes made at the streaming service end which then impacts Roon service.

So please have a little patience and understanding here for an event that I assure you nobody wanted or envisaged.

Thank you

Well, I can’t entirely agree with this. @AMP stated that he had looked at the OP’s logs and that the problem usually was on the Qobuz side, or even caused by an ISP dropping traffic.

The answer came across like ‘not our problem, wait some hours and this will probably sort itself out’. Well, many hours have passed, and many more users have reported problems. And even if I do think that this problem may probably be caused by the Qobuz authentication service, this service is particular for Roon’s integration with Qobuz. And it’s Roon’s service which seems gone bad to the affected users, while the Qobuz app is still working fine, so it is Roon’s problem as well.

Taking these things together, it simply would have made for a far better customer experience if there yesterday had been an answer like 'Thank you for making us aware of this problem. We will get in contact with the Qobuz team to see what we can do to find and solve the problem as soon as possible."

Any frequent reader of the many threads on this forum can make up his own mind about the sorry state of Roon’s customer service…

2 Likes

Not very helpful! And please get off my back! You are not support. I need support not your constant berating. This is ridiculous.
I already acknowledged the input from AMP. As for Roon being aware. Can you show me any notice of that awareness? Aside from AMP no one at Roon has said a word! If you read the other comments you can see that others feel the same way. So you really think its OK that we are having to wait till next week to get this resolved? I don’t. And I’m not alone here.

Hi Peter.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Tried that but still not working.
Have a good weekend.
Aloha!

These recurring issues with Qobuz are reason enough to keep Tidal in addition to Qobuz if you don’t have a huge local library.

I’m sure Roon will sort this out with Qobuz Monday. It would be good if they kept some support personnel “on duty” over weekends and holidays, but that would not help if Qobuz doesn’t do the same.

While I had a couple of Tidal and Qobuz drop-outs yesterday, and 3 Nucleus crashes, all is well in SE USA at the moment. Must be a regional Qobuz issue.

2 Likes

Same problem. Qobuz works fine from its own app. Works fine with Sonos. Works fine from Matrix Audio app. Just not from Roon. Rebooted. Doesn’t work.