Unable to Login to Roon From Nucleus +

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Nucleus + / Roon Version 1.7 (Build 537)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Netgear X4S (Ethernet) -> Nucleus + <- Netgear ReadyNAS Pro 4 (usb connection)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Amazon Fire HD 10 (roon player) via WIFI

Description Of Issue
Arrived home from work, turned on my Roon player and was greeted with a Roon login or sign up screen. Never had this happen before. Entered my credentials and the Roon logging in logo has been rotating for over twenty minutes with the login screen still appearing behind the logo.

1. Shutdown the Roon player and Nucleus +, restarted both and still unable to successfully login.
  2. Turned off my PC’s firewall, restarted Roon player and Nucleus + again with no luck.
  3. Rebooted router, restarted Roon player and Nucleus + and again, unable to access my music.

Able to access the internet with other apparatuses using the same router as the roon player and Nucleus + without a hitch.

Has Roon blocked me from accessing their server? Or is there another remedy I am missing?

While waiting for some assistance concerning this issue, the following steps were taken by me today to see if I could resolve the problem on my own:

1. Reinstalled Nucleus OS and restarted my roon player and Nucleus + [FAILED]

2. Restored previous backup [SOLVED]

Completely confused as to why a data backup was needed in order to fix a roon login issue. Just curious as to whether this a hardware or software issue so I can avoid this issue going forward. Thanks.

Hello @jb76, I’m glad things are working again! I discussed this item with my team recently, if the issue returns please reply here with a timestamp (your local time) of when it occurs and we can enable diagnostics for your account.

Since you’ve restored from a backup to resolve the issue the information we’re looking for wont be in the diagnostic report. However we would be happy to help with this if it occurs again!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.