Unable to login to Tidal via Roon app

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Hello,
I’m having trouble login to Tidal via Roon. For a year the system run with no issues, but recently I tried to update system and that’s when the problem started. I did same thing a while ago and it was similar situation, system had problem to connect but after resetting entire system modem included Roon was able to reconnect to Tidal. This time Roon app does not connect to Tidal and every time i’m trying login there is a message “there was unexpected error, please check your account details (MissingMethod)”
I’m able to login to Tidal outside the the system. Roon app shows a message “It looks like one of your storage locations could be offline. Go to storage settings and make sure everything is connected”
I also have Qobuz account and I can login without a problem.
My setup:
Nucleus core build 186
iPad Roon app
Roon app
Chord Qutest
Network
Netgear modem with Ethernet connection to Nucleus Core

Please help me fix this problem
I do believe having technical support via phone will make things faster instead going back and forth emails.
Thanks,
Emil

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

Hi @Emil_Korzystka,

This error typically occurs if one of the devices that you’re using is not up to date. You mention that you’re using the iPad to control Roon — is it on the latest version? Can you try updating it?

Thanks!

Hi Dylan,
I did update my iPad but that didn’t help.

Hi @Emil_Korzystka,

Thanks for giving that a try. Are you still receiving the same exact error message (MissingMethod) or are you seeing something else now? Is it logging in via a Web Browser? What browser are you using?

Yes, same message. I’m not sure if i understand your question about browser. I’m not using browser, i use Roon app on my iPad.

Hi @Emil_Korzystka,

TIDAL’s login process recently changed (which we changed for Roon as well). The new login goes through your web browser. If you’re still seeing this message it seems like things are still not up to date.

Can you go to Settings > About and share a screenshot of what you’re seeing here?

Settings, about from Roon.

Hi @Emil_Korzystka,

Apologies for any confusion — I meant Settings > About within the Roon app.

Dylan,
Why there is no technical support via phone. As I expected it takes forever to solve any issue via back and forth emails. Simple conversation with technician can fix issues immediately. I can’t listen music for last 3 weeks. I really don’t have time for those emails. I work a lot and when I got home I want to enjoy music and not writing emails every single day. Please can you address that. I think that will help many people using your service.
Regards,
Emil

You need to update your iPad app. As Dylan pointed out nine days ago the error is due to you having older versions. In your case 511 on the iPad and 555 on the nucleus.
Go to the iPad app store and update roon.

I think I have a similar problem - unable to access Tidal through Roon.

I have different versions of Roon on my iPad and Mac mini - however, I get an error message when I attempt to update the software on the Mac mini - see attached image.

How do I rectify this problem?

Raise your own support thread and fill in the required information.

I have - no ones answered!

They will be along.

I did what you guys ask for, i did update my iPad, but no one mention one thing about updating roon app. Perhaps i wouldn’t have this problem a week ago.
Still that does not answer question regarding Technical Support over the phone to avoid those type on situations.

Hi @Emil_Korzystka,

Apologies for any confusion about the update request. When I suggested the update, I meant updating the remote app on the iPad. Apologies that that was not clear.

I apologize for the difficulties you have had here, and I appreciate your feedback about our support process.

We sometimes hear from people wondering about phone support, email support, or other more traditional methods, and we almost always win them over by resolving problems here every day. I can tell you that we stand behind our products and our support 100%.

Every support thread on this site is tracked by someone on our staff, and they frequently loop in senior staff or developers for feedback. Nearly everyone in our company spends time on this site.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.