Unable to make Roon work on QNAP HS-453DX 8GB

Hi @DPV,

I’m sorry to see you go here! Unfortunately it’s hard to tell on our end what might be happening here. Many, many users with similar setups to you who aren’t experiencing this issue, and we aren’t seeing anything in Roon’s logs that point to what might be causing the corruption.

Ultimately, we see that the Roon database becomes corrupt over time. This corruption occurs when the data that Roon writes to the database is not the same when it’s being read back. We’ve seen this sometimes can occur due to a power outage or something along those lines, but for continual recurring corruption like you’re seeing, we’ve always found that hardware issues are at the root cause of the problem.

If you’d like to continue using Roon, one option might be to use another machine as your Roon Core but use the NAS as your library storage device. Roon can still access the media from the NAS over the network but it can run off of another machine.

If you have any other theories about what might be different about your setup I’d be happy to present the ideas to our QA team for further investigation. After consulting with them at this time, though, it would seem that the best option to move forward with Roon would be to use a different Core machine.

Thanks, and apologies for the trouble, Dimitri.

-Dylan

@crieke @dylan

My subscription goes till June or something. Me being a little more often at home :roll_eyes: these recent days. So I might give it a go anyway.

The QNAP guy is willing to investigate a little further. He’s now pointing to the process killing. Qnap might not be able to kill roon as roon wants to and therefor might force roon to stop. Don’t know if this is something?

For now, installed roon and connected to my library but Tidal allready failed after a few hours. Roon says Tidal is connected but is only showing the roon loading icon. Radio does show, can be added to the library but does not play.

Is there a connection setting (security / port forwarding etc) roon needs?

Best regards,

Dimitri

Hi @DPV,

We recommend settings application-level exceptions into any firewall for Roon rather than specific ports.

In what way did TIDAL fail? Are you still logged in? Are there any errors?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.