Unable to Map ROCK Drive on Windows 10 (ref#9E2BOV)

What’s happening?

· Something else

How can we help?

· None of the above

Other options

· Other

Describe the issue

Can´t map ROCK drive - Windows 10

I have previously had access to my HDD on my ROCK from Windows 10.

By mistake I disconnect the drive from Windows 10 and now I´m not able to feed Windows with correct path to be able to get it back.

This is what I have tried:

\\ROCK\Hifi (which is my shared folder in ROON) does not work.
Windows claims that "ROCK" is correct but not "HiFi". I have also tried with all lower/up case - same message.
I have tried to added the local ip address instead of "ROCK" in the path - same message. Ip address exist but not the share folder.

ROON can access the disk, I have no problem playing musik from it. But Windows 10 refuses to accept any path that I have guessed and feed it with.
I have used many hours now and start to get frustrated to guess something that Windows should be able to give me.

Windows network management is a challenge for sure. Any ideas how to map the drive?

And yes - SMB1 is enabled in my Windows.

Describe your network setup

NUC as ROCK wiered directly to router. External HDD with music storage via USB to NUC.

Something very odd about your network address. \\ROCK\HiFi should not exist on your ROCK…

ROCK has a default folder hierarchy of \\ROCK\Data\Storage.
If you have an internal drive holding your music files, then this would be at \\ROCK\Data\Storage\InternalStorage
If you have an external USB drive holding your music (in a folder called, e.g. HiFi) then this would be at a network address of \\ROCK\Data\Storage\<drive name>\HiFi

And you don’t need SMBv1 to be enabled - ROCK supports SMBv2 by default.

2 Likes

True - but if you are prepared to accept the issues associated with SMBv1, enabling it will help the ROCK (or Nucleus) devices show up in the network browser on Windows.

However, if you just navigate in Windows File Explorer to \\ROCK then you should see the SMB shares that are offered - should be just ‘Data’ - and from there you can navigate to your library storage (which should, as @Geoff_Coupe suggested, be under a Storage folder within the Data share.

Geoff,

\\ROCK\Data\Storage\ was the right path.

Now the drive and the HiFi folder within it is visible in Windows explorer.
I also disabled SMB1 - and as you stated everything works as it should without it enabled.

Thanks again Geoff, your support is highly appreciated!

Wade,

Yes, this was also what I expected. But Windows did not accept only “\\ROCK” as a path to be able to see the structure below it.
After Windows diagnos function, message was “\ROCK exist but not share. Please check spelling”.

This was very frustrating. And for me strange behaviour. Anyway, now it works with “Data/Storage” and I´m happy.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.