Unable to play high resolution albums on KEF LS50 Wireless

**Core Machine

• Macbook pro mid 2012, i7, 8GB ram, running OSX High sierra
  • Music files hosted on said core machine via SDXC, 128 GB memory card
  • Currently have 363 tracks, accounting for 49.1 GB of space of the memory card
  • Installed Roon today using version 1.6; build 416, stable 64 bit

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Router provided by ISP provider is a: ZyXEL Comm. Corp. Model: EMG2926-Q10A

I have connected the core machine via Wifi (5G) and Wired through Ethernet directly to the router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Using KEF LS50 wireless speakers that are connected to the router via Ethernet cable directly to the router.

Nature of the issue

a) I am unable to play high resolution files 24 bit/ 176 or 192 kHz through the network.
b) I have tried both WAV and FLAC high resolution files with the same results (don’t play).
c) I have tried connecting the Roon Core using both Wifi 5G and Direct Ethernet connection with same results (does not play High Resolution files)
d) I am however able to play the said high resolution files when the Roon core is connected to the KEF LS50 Wireless (model) through a USB A output from the Mac Book Pro (running Roon core) to the USB B connector on the KEF LS50.
e) Playing regular music files (16 bit, 44 kHz, WAV and FLAC) works across all types of connections.

Kind regards

Hi @Stephane_Goyette,

Thanks for reaching out, I have a few follow-up questions:

• Is the behavior the same when trying to play these kinds of files through the KEF Streaming app?

• What is the exact error message that you are displayed with when initiating playback? Does the track appear to be playing and there is no sound or does Roon present an error message?

• Are you using the newest firmware version for your LS50s? You can use the KEF Control app to check this aspect.

• If you try to transfer some of the music files to the Macbook Pro hard drive, does the same behavior occur?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.