Unable to play music via most of my system

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 / AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 3700U w/ Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx / Roon Version 1.7 (build 528) stable (64 bit)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Tri-Band (Dual 5GHz + Single 2.4GHz) Gigabit Router, Asus RT-AC5300, WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

1 X Laptop speaker
1 X Bose USB speakers
1 X KEF LSX speakers
9 X Sonos speakers
1 X USB desktop amplifier for headphones

Description Of Issue

The issue is that I have just installed Roon today and while Roon can identify all the speakers in my system, but is unable to play on all of them.

It cannot play music on my Sonos speakers, my desktop USB speakers or on my KEF LSX system, but can play music on my Laptop’s speakers and on my desktop amp for my headphones.

When instructions are given to Roon to play a particular song, it always accepts the instruction, but :

(1) it will say that “nothing is playing” and the play bar does not move past 0%; or
(2) it says it is playing a song but the play bar does not move at all and it then tells me that “Roon lost control of the audio device”; or
(3) the volume is at 0 and when I increase it, Roon immediately notifies me that it has lost control of the device.

Pictures are provided below:

I have installed and reinstalled Roon several times now, and fiddled with the settings, each time to no avail. Please assist me to resolve this issue. I am at my wits end and look forward to receiving your assistance.

Hello @Deepak_Pillai and welcome to the forum.

Does playback to your networked endpoints work when you play local content (files) instead of TIDAL content (your example pictures)?

Assuming that the depicted system you’re showing above is your Roon Core: Does using a wired instead of the wireless connection for your Roon Core change things?
Note: It is not recommended to use a wireless connection for the Roon Core (see also Networking Best Practices)

Hi @Deepak_Pillai,

As noted in our Networking Guide, we recommend using an Ethernet connection whenever possible. It’s hard to say just yet if that’s the issue here, but if you connect your Core and one of the networked devices via Ethernet directly to the router do things improve?

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried that and unfortunately it did not work.

Also, as background, please note that I have used another Thinkpad as my core before (during the trial period) and it worked fine in exactly the same wireless setup. It could connect and play music over my USB connected Bose system as well as all my Sonos devices.

Personally I suspect that it must have something to do with the settings of Roon on my new Thinkpad (which I bought for the purpose of serving as my Roon core). But then again I am not an expert and I welcome any input or suggestions. Thanks.

As windows security can be rather problematic I would make sure you have turned off the firewall to troubleshoot this for now.

Hello @Deepak_Pillai, looks like you’ve got some good suggestions already! Dylan’s article is helpful, and I would recommend temporarily disabling the firewall and testing again as wizardofoz said. Let us know how that test goes!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.