Unable to play to Auralic Aries

I am unable to get Roon to play via my Auralic Aries despite the Aries appearing as a network device in Roon.

Hi @Jeffrey_Klein ---- Thank you for the PM. Typically we try to handle any support related questions on the “support” thread of community so other users have access to any information or troubleshooting advice being shared, should it prove useful to them as well. Would you mind if I made this a public topic and we can continue from there?

Furthermore, would you kindly please provide me with the following:

• An expanded description of your current setup, using this link as a guide.

• Please describe your network configuration/topology as well providing insight into any networking hardware you are currently implementing.

• Any issues using the Aries outside of Roon?

-Eric

Synology DS 414 slim NAS device connected via Ethernet cable to mac mini 2.8 GHz Intel Core i5
Roon on the Mac mini
Auralic Aries
Aries connected to Berkeley Audio Device DAC via digital interconnect
DAC connected to preamp and amp and speakers
Tidal account and music library show on Roon,=C2=A0

I am easily able to play music from NAS and Tidal to Aries using Auralic via
Lightning DS app. Cannot get Roon to play despite on audio system but CAN get it to work with headphones that are connected via USB DAC to the mac mini

Hi @Jeffrey_Klein ----- Thank you for touching base with me, I have went ahead and made your PM a public topic.

Moving forward, I am still in need of a few data points to properly evaluate this behavior your experiencing with the Aries. Please see below.

• (From my previous) - Please describe your network configuration/topology as well providing insight into any networking hardware you are currently implementing.

• When you make this observation (i.e "I am unable to get Roon to play via my Auralic Aries…) what exactly is the failure like? Does the cursor move along the waveform like music is playing but no sound is heard from the Aries? Does Roon just move through one song at a time before the queue is depleted? Do you get any error messages?

• Please provide the following screenshots…

• (if possible) your signal path leaving Roon when you notice that no sound is being produced by the Aries.

• The “audio” tab in the application.

• The settings being used in Roon with the Aries.
      (Path: “settings” - > “audio” - > click the gear next to the “Aries” zone and select “device setup”)

-Eric