iMac 2017 Intel i5. OS 12.0 beta 16 gig RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

home wifi. iOGiant wifi 6 router. Roon wireless connection

Connected Audio Devices

Devialet Phantom I’s in stereo

Library Size

Not using library

Description of Issue

I’m unable to play Capital Radio Classical stream with Roon. I can play it without problems with Apple music however when I copy the URL from Apple Music to create a new station in Roon it rejects it. I’m able to play many other stations without problems. Here’s the URL: https://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/pls/ClassicalStreamAAC.pls

Hello @Guy_Russell , this is Capradio Music Classical Stream and it exists in our database.

The reason your link doesn’t work is because the playlist consists of a number of https streams with port numbers. There is bug in Live Radio at the moment where that situation causes problems. The work round is to use http.

Thanks Brian. I’ll give that a try.

There is a Capital Radio Jazz Stream in your data base but I can’t find the Classical stream. Was there a link in your message?
Guy

It’s in as Capradio. Is that a bad choice of name?

Yes that doesn’t bring up any link.Nor does capradio.org.

? If I search for capradio using the magnifying glass, I get 4 stations…

Capradio
Capradio Music
Capradio Music Classical Stream
Capradio Music Jazz Stream

Do you not see any?

Edit. Actually we seem to have the Jazz stream in twice - it’s also there as Jazz Stream. I need to sort that out later.

Yes I get those however neither of what look like the classical streams will play. Only the news and jazz links work. Also, the classical link shows a much lower bit rate than what I’m used to getting with Cap Radio classical previously even though it doesn’t play.

I now get the Capradio Music Classical Stream to play but its only at 48kbps. Much lower than previous site which I think was 128.

Ok, I see the problem on one station at least.

I have updated streams on all four according to the information on their website. Try now.

Mp3 at 96, aac at 48 is what they provide it seems.

I will but what happened to the 128 stream?

No idea, interestingly the site itself will play the 48k aac stream.
The .pls stream you first posted is a 48k one. Tunein has the same mp3 and aac streams too. I’ve also checked other streaming sites but found nothing else. Maybe the site changed its audio server provider.

I agree that for a classical station the quality is not as high as most.

Agreed. I’ve been in contact with the station but so far they haven’e explained change. Thanks for the help.
Guy

1 Like

Please pass on any information you get. Thanks.

Certainly
Guy

Cap Radio told me they don’t have a 128 classical stream but do have a 96. It’s not in a format that I can play with Roon though although I’m waiting for some clarification of this. I’ll let you know.
Guy

Presumably that’s the mp3 stream and it’s in in our database. Why can’t you play it?

I found the 96 classical stream and it does play. Thanks again.
Guy

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.