Unable to run backups

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus+ - OS 1.0 (build 227) - Software 1.0 (build 12) - Roon Server 1.8(build 882)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet hardwire

Connected Audio Devices

Auralic Altair G1

Number of Tracks in Library

235,080 tracks

Description of Issue

Since new update I am unable to run a backup. The process begins and then approximately 6 mins in my Roon Server Software reboots and the Roon dashboard returns. I have suspected this as being the case for a few days but now am sure of it. I have tried backing up onto 2 different external hard drives connected via USB to back of Nucleus + as well as to Dropbox and to an ethernet connected Drobo NAS. All with the same result.

An update @support - After reading several threads about the issue with corrupted databases I bit the bullet and created a new database from scratch, 6 years of edits now gone. My Roon Server continues to crash/restart intermittently and I still can’t run a backup…
What is happening? Is this an acknowledged issue with the new build of ROON or is my Nucleus+ screwed? I just had the SSD replaced in it by instruction from Roon Support.

Hi @Wayne_Carter ,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here, we are trying to get back to everyone as quickly as we can and there is a bit of a backlog from the holidays.

Are you still seeing this issue on the latest Roon release? If so, can you please let us know the exact local time + date you experience the issue? We can run diagnostics on your unit from our end after knowing the time + date of failure.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi - thanks for the response - I know how inundated you all must be. With Build 884 it seems to be more stable. Since rebuilding the database I am showing that backups are happening but I have noticed that any backup run seems to cause a Roon Server Software restart on the Nucleus+.
Other than that things seem to be ok and with 10 backups logged now I am assuming they are ok under the assumption that with this new build backups will not run at all if the database is corrupt?

Hi @Wayne_Carter ,

Apologies for the slow response here. We have activated diagnostics mode on your Nucleus and your backup failure looks very similar to an issue we are working on at the current moment due to the Core running out of available memory.

We hope to make some memory improvements in this area via a Roon release, but I cannot comment on when these changes will be ready, they are still in progress. Let’s circle back to this issue once the improvements are out, thank you in advance for your patience.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.