Roon Core Machine

Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 5400 AIO, Intel Core i5, 12GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Verizon FIOS router, tp-link AC1300 wireless,

Connected Audio Devices

2 NAD CI 580 BluOS Network Players

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I have two network players connected to several sets of wired speakers. One player is connected to speakers in a bedroom, bathroom and study, but only the speakers in the bathroom are appearing among the zones.

Are you sure that the speaker zones connected to the NAD should be visible as separate Roon zones? The Ci580 website only speaks about Bluesound in this context:

The CI 580 packs four stereo zones into a 1U rack space to provide the most flexible and cost-effective BluOS package. Multiple CI 580s can be used to provide as many zones as required, and each zone can be grouped together in perfect sync using the BluOS Controller app, or you can play individual streams in different zones simultaneously.

If it should work with, can this maybe be configured in the NAD?

No, I’m not sure. My speaker zones appear in my BluOS Controller. Some of them also appear as Roon zones. But a couple are missing.

Can you explain in more detail which speakers (and models, and how they are connected) on which NAD are visible or not? I don’t understand the whole picture

Three sets of speakers are wired to one of the NAD network players. One set appears as a Roon zone. The other two are missing. They are Yamaha speakers, model NS-AW150. The frustrating thing is that all three zones did appear as Roon zones at one point.

OK thanks. And does the other NAD have only one set attached and they show in Roon, or does the other NAD have several speaker sets attached as well and they all work as separate Roon zones?

Well in this case the answer to “Are you sure that the speaker zones connected to the NAD should be visible as separate Roon zones?” seems to be “yes”. If it worked in the past, it should be able to work now.

So I looked up the speakers online (you could spend a bit more effort describing the setup if you want help with it). As far as I can tell, they seem to be wired and passive and I guess are connected to some power amps? You didn’t mention power amps, but as far as I can tell from its manual, the NAD is just a streamer and preamp, yes? And the speakers are passive, yes? So what is in between them?

If this is correct, then the speakers themselves have no network connectivity and Roon has no knowledge of them, and in this case it would seem the NAD’s task to present its internal speaker zones to Roon as separate Roon Ready endpoints.

As one of the speaker sets do show in Roon, it does not look like there is a network issue - if there was a fundamental problem between the NAD and your Roon core, no set would show.

Therefore, I would start looking for the problem in the NAD, I guess

I figured it out. I realized that when I choose a zone in the BluOS on my phone, the zone appears on Roon. When I moved to a new zone on the phone, the old one disappeared from Roon. To keep the old zone, I only needed to name it on Roon. Now all the zones are saved and functioning.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Congrats! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.