Unable to see chromecast audio

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Elac discovery ds-s101-g Roon Essentials version 1.7 ( uild 57) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Chromecast Audio with an ethernet/usb power adapter having the IP address of 192.168.1.65, Elac discovery ds-s101-g has the IP address 192.168.1.116 connected on the same Netgear Ethernet switch

Description Of Issue

In Settings -> Audio the Chromecast Audio is not found. I have rebooted the Chromecast gen 2 device but it hasn’t had any effect. Also rebooted my whole network plus the elac discovery device, still the same

Checked and confirmed the chromecast device is visible via google home. Any suggestions to how I can I make the Chromecast available for Roon?

Thank you very much for your support!

Does Elac’s Roon Essentials v1.7 actually support Chromecast devices? I don’t see any mention of it in the Elac specifications - only Airplay and Roon Endpoints are mentioned.

Hi Geoff. Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I expected as much. I thought that as chromecast audio has been available as a endpoint since 1.5 and that the Elac has recently been upgraded to Roon essentials 1.7. I was hoping that chromecast audio will also be available. All I can hope it might be available in a future released

Probably best if you ask the question of Chromecast support direct to Elac. They should know.

Roon Essentialls has never had Chromecast support. I think it is one of the modules removed for this less featured version of Roon. Only Airplay and Roon ready endpoints are supported in my experience