Unable to start Roon core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Synology DS916+ DSM 6.2.4-25556 , 8 GB RAM, plus Core run-in an SSD drive,

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Various RAAT devices including Auralic Aries Mini, RPi 4B+ running Ropieee, nothing directly connected via USB

Description Of Issue

Cannot connect to the core, upon starting roon client on Mac, latest version, had to select the core and then had to login into the Roon account (never happened before after the initial setup long time ago) Afterwards I do get a message “There was an issue loading your database” see screenshot attached

The standard procedure is

• Stop RoonServer from running in Nucleus’s WebUI
  • Navigate to your Nucleus’ Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Restart the RoonServer in the WebUI to generate a new Database
  • On the Roon Remotes, press “Use another Core” and connect to the new database

I had this annoying problem twice.

Kind regards
Tom

1 Like

Thanks. This is Synology, running DSM, so do I assume correctly I shall perform analogical steps, e.g. Stopping the Server, renaming the RoonServer folder and then starting the server back?
Moreover, do I loose the whole DB, such a new/empty is created? Any way to restore it back from a backup?

Restoring from a backup is the best possible solution from my point of view. However, please make sure that you back is not already corrupted. I had the problem that my backups lead, to the same problem. Give it a try!

1 Like

Well I should have more backup versions, will try to identify one of the more dated. Thanks a lot

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.