Unable to start roon - database not loading

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Naim streamer
Roon will not load

Dirty shutdown of windows? Suspect your db is corrupted. Delete it and Roon should start

thanks - but how do I find the database on my computer?

Look under your username/application data/roon or something along those lines - not a windows user so don’t recall exact path names.

https://kb.roonlabs.com/Database_Location

Evand - up and running - got there in the end! thanks Derrick

Hi @Derrick_Cripps,

Glad to hear that things are up and running for you now! Would you mind sharing how you got things up and running?

Thanks,
Dylan

Hi Dylan - your colleague, Evand, suggested that my Roon database may have been corrupted by a “dirty shutdown” and suggested deleting same and restarting roon - it worked!

Interesting though why the dB should be vulnerable - the problem also locked my computer and a forced shutdown and restart was needed

best wishes

Derrick

@Derrick_Cripps, I’m a regular user, like you. No affiliation with Roon.

Hi @Derrick_Cripps,

Thanks for clarifying, much appreciated!

If you make regular backups, you can restore a prior backup so that all of your play data, playlists, and other Roon specific content is not lost here. If you have any other questions about this please let us know.

Thanks,
Dylan

Evand - advice much appreciated - roon support a bit confusing!

thanks dylan

Was there a windows update waiting ? Often they cause funnies

I reboot the core most days especially in summer , I detect updates before they cause issues

The one a few weeks back screwed my JRiver install for example

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.