Unable to start Roon Server on local computer (ref#9GMIR0)

Affected Product

Roon

Roon Issue Category

Performance

Description of Issue

Roon Server can’t start on my local computer after a crash reboot of the PC

Roon Core Platform

Windows

Roon Core Specifications

Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19045
32GB RAM
AMD Ryzen 7 2700

Connected Audio Devices

Home Network Details

Roon Core is installed on the main computer

Screenshot

Hi, @ISkIN, thank you for your report. Could you please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs from your RoonServer to our File Uploader?

Could you, please, specify did this state appear right after migration from previous EA build or current production or you were able to successfully run simplified client setup (current EA) previously?

Thanks!

Ivan

I encountered this after an emergency reboot of my computer. Before the problem, I was on the same early access version as I am now. About the logs: yesterday (08/29/23) I am unable to start RoonServer, which is on my main PC, all day long. Then, in the evening, I rebooted the PC and this time Roon was able to start correctly. I also recall that I had the same problem before when I tried Roon a long time ago (it was still version 1.8). My point is that maybe the problem is not only with early access versions.

Thank you for the replty, @ISkIN. Could you please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs from your RoonServer to our File Uploader? It will help us to investigate this case.

Could you, please, also extract event viewer logs from this machine? Here is an instruction on how to do this:

1. Press Win + R and type eventvwr.msc
  2. Press OK – this should open Event Viewer window
  3. From the left sidebar go to Windows Logs > Application
  4. Right click on the Application subsection and pick Filter Current Log... from the context menu
  5. On the Filter tab for the Logged section pick a parameter Last 30 days and press OK
  6. Right click on the Application subsection again and pick Save filtered log file as.. from the context menu
  7. Enter the log file name, for e.g. Roon_USERNAME , and press Save
  8. Upload the Event Viewer logs here and let us know once you’ve done so

Thanks!

Ivan

I sent the Event Viewer logs. I uploaded the RoonServer logs yesterday, did you not receive them?

Thank you! I’ve just downloaded them.

In the Event Viewer logs I see errors related to RAATServer.exe having issues, and the same was printed in the RoonServer log from 08/29, however, then I see that RoonServer could start on 08/30, am I getting it right that your issue is resolved? If that’s correct, could you, please, tell how did you manage to fix it?

Thanks!

Ivan

As I wrote above, I rebooted the computer and the server was able to start correctly. Before that, I tried reinstalling RoonServer without deleting the settings and database, but it didn’t help.
So now there is no problem and the server is working fine… Apparently, until the first crash reboot… :sweat_smile:

Oh, sorry, did not notice that part. Thanks!

Ivan