Unable to start Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 (Latest Build)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet to router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Chromecast to Nvidia Shield Pro

Description Of Issue

Roon starts up but is getting hung up on the splash screen. I just see the animated Roon Labs logo on a white background and nothing else happens. Could I have a corrupt database? Just backed it up yesterday. This same issue occurs when I try and start Roon on my Android Smartphone.

Have you tried rebooting or restarting the core or the machine the core is on?

Hello. I have rebooted the Windows PC the Roon Core is running on. No effect. I am not familiar with how to reboot or restart just the Core since Roon won’t start beyond the splash screen.

If you rebooted the machine the core is on then tried to start Roon and still did not work, we may need to wait for a support person from Roon to chime in here.

Although it would not hurt to try rebooting your network.

Thank you for your assistance. The solution I arrived at was to remove the Roon application and it’s database from my PC. I installed the Roon Server on my Synolgy NAS and reinstalled the Roon app as just a client and everything is working swimmingly. Except for the poor little NAS Celeron CPU. It is working overtime to optimize my library. Lol.

You might have had windows update over write your graphics drivers on the windows machine. Try reinstalling the latest version of the manufacturer drivers.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.