'Unable to start streaming. Check your Qobuz account & try again'

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I am a new Roon member and want to run Qobuz via my iPad through my Antipodes EX server and Acqua formula day.

I have downloaded Roon and Qobuz and am in the free 14 day period prior to taking up the annual subscriptions for both. Why can I not get it to work and why do I, therefore, get the above error message:

‘Unable to start streaming.’

These statements confuse me.

You don’t need the Qobuz app to run Qobuz in Roon.

You do need to logon to Qobuz in Roon’s Settings==>Services.

Did you do that?

Yes, I did that & went through the set-up with a friend who has successfully installed Roon using quoboz.

Check these out -

Or ask this poster how he resolved it -

Anyway, tagging @support.

Thanks. I have tried a number of these solutions (eg switching Roon on and off) but, unfortunately to no avail.

A post was split to a new topic: Qobuz streaming issue on Big Sur

Hello @Philip_Jones,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your patience while your case reached my queue.

Can you please confirm if you are able to start Live Radio stations properly and play local content?

What is your network setup like, can you please provide details of the model/manufacturer of all your networking gear?

I can start the Roon radio and receive content. My equipment includes Roon held on my iPad, an Antipodes EX server and Acqua Formula DSc. Hope that helps. Phil

Hi! Can you be specific by what you mean by rebooting and what it involves please? Is this rebooting Roon and Qobuz? And if so, what does rebooting involve in your recommendation?

I’d switch everything off network equipment, server, end points, DACs etc. Then switch it all back on starting with the network equipment.

Ok. Will give it a go. But I think I tried this already to no effect.

I have now done this and it has made no difference. I still get the same error message.

Hi! I am using Roon as my front end with an antipodes EX server (which is Roon ready) and an Aqua Forumula DAC (which is also Roon ready). I have paid for the Qobuz annual subscription but every time I try to stream files I get the same error message, which says that files cannnot be streamed and there is a problem with the Qobuz account. By contrast, I am in the free trial period with Tidal, and I am able to stream files successfully. That suggests that the basic set-up is ok, but that there is a problem about the the communication between Roon and Qobuz. Curiously, however, when I try to access some of the highest resolution files through Tidal, I get the Qobuz error message. It is alll very frustrating.

Hi @Philip_Jones,

I’ve merged your posts so that we can have all the information in one place for easy reference.

Are you able to use the Qobuz web player (play.qobuz.com) with the same account and play full-length tracks? Or are you limited to 30 second snippets when you try to play Qobuz tracks?

If you have another PC around the house, you can also try to host the Roon core on the PC and verify if the issue reproduces. If it does, it would further indicate a Qobuz account issue, you can use these instructions to switch Roon Cores:

• Open Roon on the other PC you wish to try as the Core
  • Roon Settings -> General
  • Disconnect
  • On the “Choose your Core” screen, press “Use this PC”
  • If asked to Unauthorize, you can go ahead and do so. You are limited to one active Roon Core at a time but you are free to switch between them as often as you’d like.
  • Verify if the same behavior occurs on the different PC

Just so you know. I have fixed this problem, by setting up a new Qobuz annual subscription through Roon using one of my other email addresses and it works! I wonder whether my original problem is that I set up my original subscription outside of Roon? Whilst it is great that it work it means that I am currently paying 2 annual Qobuz subscriptions which works, one of which doesn’t. This means that my problem is to try to persuade Qobuz to cancel my subscription that does not work, as there does not appear to be any way of communicating with Qobuz.

1 Like

Hi @Philip_Jones,

Thanks for letting us know that the other Qobuz account is working as expected!

It sounds as if the original Qobuz account has an issue with Roon, is there anything special regarding the original Qobuz account (did you use a promo plan or family plan to create it)?

I would reach out to Qobuz support directly with regard to cancelling the original Qobuz account.

The only difference was that I set up the original Qobuz plan outside Roon, whereas the 2nd subscription was set up via Roon. The latter is still in the trial period and the 1st subscription was entered into before the trial period was complete. Those were the principal differences. Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.