Unable to stream 96/24 or above Qobuz content

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac mini 2012 i7 with 16g RAM running macOS Catalina & Windows 10 Pro (boot camp). Tried running a Roon core on both operating systems, same problem. Running Roon 1.7 505.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Tried both wireless and wired connections. Netgear RAX80 for WiFi. Tried disabling IPv6. Issue persists.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Whether I’m using the onboard ESS DAC in my gaming laptop, or a Meridian Explorer2 on my desktop or the core Mac, I have the same problem.

Description Of Issue

“Qobuz Media is loading slowly” after 10-15 seconds of playing a track that is 96/24 or higher, and the track skips to the next track. Every time. Multiple albums. Multiple computers, Win10 and Mac. I’ve signed in and out of Qobuz. Heck, I’ve totally wiped and reinstalled Roon. No change. Use to work pre 1.7. Works fine at resolutions below 96/24. I installed the Qobuz App on two computers and am able to stream the same 96/24 albums without issues if I don’t use Roon.

I have gig internet from Comcast. I would expect that if it was a real network issue, there would be more variety in the failures. I never get past the first 15 seconds. I’d also expect to have issues with streaming using the Qobuz app if the network was having issues, but I’ve been listening to it for five hours straight without a single hiccup.

Hi @Janet_Sullivan,

Can you please confirm if the same issue occurs when routing the audio to your PC’s “System Output” zone? Can you try clearing the Cache if the issue is still the same afterwards?

• Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to Roon/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon and verify if the issue still occurs

Turns out it was bad hardware on my core. Sorry for the noise!

1 Like

No worries @Janet_Sullivan, I wish you a continued enjoyable Roon experience and happy holidays!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.