Unable to use Qobuz in Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini OS Catalina

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wifi Mesh using Deco, mac connects to it via Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Squeezebox touch . It is recognised- on same wifi. Also the mac mini on which Roon runs. Problem does not depend on audio device.

Description Of Issue

I am having repeated problems playing from my Qobuz account. It says that connection could not be established / network issue. I guess it means that the problem is in my internet / .internal network, but this is odd as i never have such problems with wifi devices browsing etc. iPhone on same wifi always gives download speed > 10 Mbs, Please help as I need to decide whether to continue beyond my trial period, thanks

so it seems that the app in the iPhone and mac are behaving differently, At the moment it is possible to use qobuz through the mac app (core), but it doesn’t connect properly to my account on the iPhone (iOS 13.4). After a minute or so, it shows “my qobuz” favourites, with a message “Error loading page, Please check your internet connection”, but then it seems to work.
Also, on the iphone and mac, it sees my favourite artists / albums / songs but not playlists, which is weird and annoying,

Hi @christos_proukakis,

Welcome to the forum!
Have you confirmed that you are on the latest firmware on your router?
When this issue occurs, are the iPhone and connected Mac to the same access point?
I would also start with a reboot of your Core and Networking Gear just to ensure everything starts fresh.

thanks, unfortunately this is looking buggy/ complicated

I have reset everything etc and very odd behaviour persists

iPhone. mac and squeezebox on same wifi

when trying to play something via roon on qobuz, it often says that the track is not available on qobuz

this is regardless of which “output” I am using

I am able to play the same track on the iPhone qobuz app. Closing the qobuz app doesn’t improve things.

Also, it seems that Qobuz doesn’t put playlists into “favourite” tabs, so seems no way to import them into roon, only the actual songs- which in itself is a bit of a dealbreaker

A post was split to a new topic: Qobuz issue in Roon

Hi @christos_proukakis,

Is the behavior the same if you reboot Roon, your networking gear and your audio zones? You can also try a reinstall of the Roon app:

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder

I’m not certain what you mean by this, your Qobuz playlists should be visible under the Playlists tab under the main Roon menu. If you are not seeing them there, it could be related to the general Qobuz issue we are already troubleshooting.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.