Unable to wake up sleeping Roon server from remote

Roon Core Machine

Roon server:Win 11 / Intel Core i7 - 1061OU CPU @ 1.80 GHz, Bios American Megatrends Inc. B006 [12/09/2021]. Windows firewall on, two Roon inbound rules visible. The server is newly installed.

Remote Roon: Win 11 on Dell XPS SPS 9365 (this remote has worked fine before with a different core).

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Router: Ecotera i4850 (new install but have used similar device before)
Switch: Zyxel GS-1100-16 V3 - Switch - 16 x 10/100/1000 (new in this setup)

Connected Audio Devices

Currently just a Sonos 5 which works fine from the PC with server or from the remote, if the server is not asleep

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Cannot wake up the server from the remote. Everything is fine, as soon as I wake up the server manually. Have tried to disable firewall on the server, no difference. The server is on cable, the remote is either on cable or wifi. Both are on the same network (have checked with cmd ipconfig).

What are possible next steps?

You probably have to disable some energy saving settings on the server

Hello Bjorn and Welcome to Roon.

Normally a server is setup to never sleep. If a monitor is hooked up to server, you can have the monitor power off after a few minutes.

Stop computer from sleeping on Windows 11

Open Settings.
Click on System.
Click the Power & battery tab.
Under the “Power” section, click the “Screen and sleep” setting.
Choose the Never option to prevent the screen from turning off.
Choose the Never option to prevent the computer from going to sleep.

–MD

Thanks to both of you. I remember now, that it was actually what I did before also. Let’s hope the price of electricity comes down again before too long. In my view, using Wake on LAN should be an option. Even if it was, I now see that my new PC unfortunately does not have that option on its network card.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.