"Uncertified" Auralic Aries G2+Vega G2+Leo G2

Above hardware, Aries to Vega with Auralic’s Lightning Link (HDMI) and WiFi Roon on Mac Mini to Aries.
Synology NAS ethernet to router ethernet to Mac Mini. Auralic firmware 6.2.1 (current), Roon firmware 1.7 (current). No recent firmware updates.

I’ve been using this setup for several months with no problems. Today, Auralic hardware showing as “uncertified” on Roon>Preferences>Audio.

Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 9.19.56 PM

Additionally, in Roon Device Setup, it shows Aries G2 as Bridge Device and “Audio Device” as “Unidentified Device-Auralic Aries G2 Lightning Link.”

Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 9.22.31 PM

When I try to add the Aries or Vega as the audio device (“Identify This Device”), it is not found. I tried Auralic, AURALiC, Vega, VEGA, Aries, ARIES with and without G2 and with and without Auralic…

Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 9.28.38 PM

The Audio Device used to display Vega G2 (and did not say “uncertified”).

Not sure if it has any bearing, but I discovered this today as I started experiencing some disconnects and “no audio device found” messages.

Everything’s been pretty rock solid until today.

Anyone seen/experienced this?

Happy listening,
Gordon

I have the VEGA G2 and LEO GX, no ARIES. Roon does not show “uncertified” as in your screen shot. FWIW, Roon shows the device as AURALiC VEGA_G2. I don’t know how fussy the device search function is for syntax.

Thanks Pete, I wondered, as did you, about that. I’ve tried every convolution of Auralic, Vega, Aries and G2 I can think of. None make any difference.

Try powering off everything and restarting? Unplug/replug the Auralic gear, restart Roon core, router, etc. Might have to contact support directly or tag Xuanqian here.

Resolved - While messing around, I went to Preferences>Audio>Auralic device “gears”>Device Setup>Load Defaults>Return/Enter key. All set now.

Resolved - While messing around, I went to Preferences>Audio>Auralic device “gears”>Device Setup>Load Defaults>Return/Enter key. All set now.

Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 1.14.16 PM

:partying_face: