Uncertified error for Devialet Phantom even though it should work...one speaker works...other doesn't...stereo doesn't work

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacBook Pro (2020 Touchbar w/ New Keyboard Style) Roon 1.8 Build 764 (Under Trial)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TP-Link AC1750 Wireless Router 5GHz connected to MacBook Pro (Core) and wired connection to Devialet Phantom Duo

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

2x Devialet Phantom I 108dB (Phantom Gold Duo / Stereo)

Description Of Issue

Stereo pair of phantoms (gold to be specific). Both have 2.12.5. Roon states that both (separately) are “uncertified”, but the Left one Roon lets me play through. (This speaker had been connected and used with Roon before 1.8 and before Devialet’s updates.

The right speaker just arrived and is a replacement unit for my previous right speaker. Roon will not let me play through this speaker and gives the error message (attached here) “Unfortunately, the manufacturer has not yet completed certification of this device…etc…”

Trying to set up as stereo pair with the left one as master doesn’t work. (see second attached image). Renaming them didn’t work. Restarting them didn’t work. I haven’t factory reset them yet but I don’t want the left one to not work at all through Roon Ready.

Any ideas? Help please!!!

Bump - please help! I’d like to be a subscribing member after my trial, but this is kinda making me reconsider - I hope it’s actually more an issue with the speaker than anything, but Both speakers are showing “uncertified” on Roon - tried restarting, reinstalling, etc.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.