Uncontrolled jumping or switching tracks or only playing first few seconds of track; occasional sound breakup

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Innuos ZenMini Mk.3 with Squeeze Lite (experimental). Roon 1.8 (note I am new to Roon and have no experience with earlier versions)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet connection to Virgin Media Hub 3 router via TP-Link powerline extender.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB connection to Pro-Ject DAC Box S2+ then RCA connections Musical Fidelity Amp

Description Of Issue

Pressing Play now doesn’t always start with Track 1. Within the tracks, pressing play on a chosen track sometimes starts the next track instead. Re-pressing play on the chosen track starts to play but after about 5 seconds play stops; need to press track play about 2-3 times before the track continues to play to completion. Occasional intermittent sound break-up during play making it impossible to continue listening.

Hi, not one of the Roon support staff, just an interested party trying to help. Can you plug anything else into the TP-Link extender (e.g. a laptop) and run a speed test to check latency/connection speed?

Thanks for responding. Plugged laptop into the same TP-Link Powerline adapter as the ZenMini (the adapter has two ethernet ports) and using Speedtest.net got download speed of 75.42 Mbps and upload of 10.05. This compares with 109.99/10.08 achieved on my desktop connected directly to my Virginmedia Hub 3 router.
Since posting my problem I’ve done several trawls on various online forums and found others who reported this problem. While no solution is evident, there some useful work-arounds proposed that seem to alleviate it.

There’s certainly nothing wrong with your connection speed. Good to hear you’ve found a workaround which helps.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.