Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Intel i5-7300U, Ubuntu Server 18.10, Roon 416. Music folder on Synology DS216+ II NAS.
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Wired Ethernet with Ubiquiti EdgeRouter router and Netgear switch. MacOS, Android, iOS Roon control points connected by WiFi (UniFi AP AC PRO).
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Metrum Ambre>I2S>Metrum Onyx>Phonitor XE
Allo USBridge>USB>Schiit Yggdrasil>Hegel H360
Description Of Issue
I copied a new FLAC album to my music folder. The album had 19 tracks total, and was not immediately identified. When I forced identification, track 12 was somehow missing. To try to debug the issue, I moved the FLAC tracks elsewhere, rescanned the music folder, cleaned the library, and moved back the FLAC tracks. Same state. Moved the tracks out again, and tried to delete the album. Since the tracks were missing, deletion showed an error for each track, and the album info stayed in the library. Then I moved the files back, rescanned, and re-identified. Now the library shows two copies of the album, the new one with all tracks (including track 12), which plays, and the old one, which of course does not play because its track entries point to no files. But I can’t find a way of deleting the old album entry. Not a huge deal, but it’s a bit concerning that the library can get corrupted in this way.
Here’s my report on this issue yesterday, which I thought was originally a metadata problem.