[Under investigation] Unable to pause music on KEF LS50W (it skips instead)

Hi all, just wondering if anyone else has experience this issue? Both in the mobile app using the pause button, and when I press space on keyboard, the controls skip to the next track. Not sure how to post my logs tbh

@support should chime in and maybe get some remote diagnostics happening, or ask for more info like what your core is etc

Are the Kefs running the latest firmware?
Are all Roon devices running the latest versions?
How are the Kefs connected?

Hello @bluhska,

I have enabled diagnostics on your accounts so our techs can try to determine what could be causing this behavior to occur. What this action will do is the next time the application is active on your core devices a diagnostics report containing a set of your Roon logs will automatically be generated/uploaded directly to our servers.

Once the mentioned reports have been received I will be sure to update this thread so you both know that we have them and then I will swiftly pass them over to the team for further analysis.

-John

@Ratbert yep everything is latest/updated, and it’s connecting via wifi. Haven’t tested any other method. Up to support now, but thanks for your help :slight_smile:

@John I’ll keep an eye on next time it happens, and pop back to the thread. It’s probably too late to say that it happened a few mins before I posted this thread?

Okay just happened (about 10 mins ago) lol. Played a song to 3/4 length then paused on computer with space bar and it skipped to the next song. Thanks

Hello @bluhska,

We were able to catch this behavior in your log traces, and we have passed them on to the tech team to take a closer look at.

It would be helpful if you could provide us some more information on your system and networking setup. Things like the specs of your core machine, your router model, your internet speed, what types of connections you’re using between your devices. Just to clarify, this behavior happens every time you pause?

-John

Yep, no worries. No, it doesn’t happen every time, but rather sporadically.

Here are my specs:
Mac mini (Late 2012)
2.5Ghz i5/16gb/1tb SSD
Netgear D7000 using wifi (5Ghz) to connect to LS50W

Regarding internet, I was using ADSL2+ with speeds around 1000Kbps, but Australia is undergoing a national broadband upgrade and mine was installed a week and a half ago, so now I get around 35000Kbps. I also use a VPN, so those speeds are reflective of that, using Ookla speedtest.

It’s not a super big deal, as in not a high priority to fix as I’m not fazed by it too much. But thanks for escalating it.

Hi. I would like to add that I also get this behaviour sometimes with my Kef LS50w.

I’ve got Roon Core on a MacBook Pro. Core is wired to my Router via Ethernet. LS50w are wireless to same router.

Remote is iPad.

Cheers,

Dan.

Same here. Roon Core on a Mac mini - wired to a router via Ethernet. My LS50 are wired via ethernet too.

Hello @bluhska, @Dan_Brown, and @HSP,

Thanks for all of the reports and info! We have a fix for this issue in the QA pipeline as we speak and it should hopefully squeeze into our next release window. Keep an eye out for the release notes for the next update!

-John

2 Likes

Hi Mate - I am using the Netgear Nighthawk LTE mobile router - 5G - it wirelessly drive my macbook and KEF (both have latest firmware upgrades) without any issues. I stream hi res files via roon and tinkered with the buffering - the sound is as good as ethernet ( tried both) but wireless is obviously much more convenient Also keep in mind NBN in some locations can provide slower speeds than what you can get via LTE router

Thanks for the reply, but I’m fairly sure by the time your reply arrived they resolved the issue :slight_smile: