Unexpected Error: Limiting Radio to Library

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10. Roon 1.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Intel Ethernet Connection (2)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

ASUS STX Essence II sound card for computer use. Bowers and Wilkins Formation Audio for streaming.

Description Of Issue

Everytime I launch Roon since I started using my free trial an error message appears that says “unexpected error, limiting roon radio to library.” I have my Tidal account connected, which I’ve tried disconnecting and reconnecting to. Even so, the radio won’t even play anything from any of my library of ~700 local albums. I looked at some of the older threads with the same issue but I can’t seem to make it work.

Oops this page does not exist or is private. So says two separate Support buttons when I seek to ask for some support on an issue I am stuck on. I am having trouble with radio. I went to an album that I wanted to listen to in toto. Instead it is part of a radio series of one popular track from about 25 albums that I must have set up long ago. I have spent about three hours trying to undo that radio program. And because I keep getting that page does not exist messages I find myself intruding on someone else’s thread. My sincere apology…

Hi @Matthew_Dangstorp — Welcome to the Roon Community!

We are currently investigating an issue that seems to affect those new to Roon with little playback history that is preventing Radio from starting properly. Would you kindly take a look at the History section of Roon and let us know how many plays it shows at the top of the screen?

Thanks!

Thank you for the quick update! With the new software update it seems like the radio is working just fine. I’ll play around to be sure, but for the moment it seems like all is well.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.