Unexpected error loading album. Tidal & Qobuz

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10, core i7 processor with 16gb ram / Roon v1.7 build 528

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Connected to internet via 500mb fibre, internal Ethernet & WiFi network

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Connected to Denon AVR X3600, plus a bunch of B&W speakers (sound lush)

Description Of Issue

Was streaming from Tidal, when it cut out and logged me out. Qobuz logged in at the time. Could not log back in to Tidal. Rebooted etc, no joy. Searched the community for advice - found advice to delete Roon cache which I have done. This successfully resolved the login issue but now I am unable to access any music from either Tidal or Qobuz. I can see the album and track listings within my Tidal/Qobuz playlists but I get the “Unexpected error loading album…” message. FYI, I am currently streaming from Tidal directly so the issue is with Roon and not my connection.

Also, possibly related in the top right hand corner i have a red triangle warning indicator which states Metadata Improver has been halted and Roon needs a software update.

Can you fix it?

alot of users seem to have this issue, me included after the latest roon update. Unfortunately, no clear solution yet from roon support

Oh really, that saves me having to uninstall everything for now then, which I really didn’t want to do anyway. Hopefully, there will be a fix for it soon.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.