Ungraceful failure when logged out

@support

I came home yesterday to find this as my Roon server screen on my iMac:

I could get no response to anything, but the Roon icon in the center was animated.

Eventually, I had to Quit the app, and upon restarting I was required to login. I realized that Roon folks had reset my password as a result of some changes (to be accurate, required me to reset it), and that seems to be the problem.

However that seems like an extremely graceless way to fail - shouldn’t I just be required to login again?

Cheers

Graham

Hi @Graham_Bird ---- Thank you for the report! I have moved your thread over to the “support” section of the community so myself along with the rest of the team can address this behavior directly with you :sunglasses:

Moving forward, I must admit that I am a bit unclear in regard to what you are mentioning here:

" I realized that Roon folks had reset my password as a result of some changes (to be accurate, required me to reset it), and that seems to be the problem."

Some further insight into this comment would be very appreciated! The only time you should have to log in to Roon is when the application is first setup OR if you have started with a fresh DB, which is essentially the same thing (as I am sure you are aware).

-Eric

Long story, but Danny changed my account details at my request. This resulted in a password reset email to my account. The above screen happened as a result of that I’m assuming.

Cheers

I appreciate the insight @Graham_Bird, we’ll have a look into this on our end.

Many thanks!
-Eric