“unidentifed DAC” EXogal Comet with latest firmware no longer works

Unplugged my Streamer today to try-out another one, after connecting the old streamer again I’am already screwed up cannot get my “unidentifed DAC” EXogal Comet with latest firmware to work again with ROON.

Filled in the online form hope it will not take till Sept-21 I cannot play music anymore.

BTW Another drawback of this new policy is that also Laptop or Chromebooks can NOT be used anymore as endpoint. I try to do this a minute ago same issue as above.

Or you have a different issue? This doesn’t affect laptops and Chromebooks for sure. Just uncertified RAAT SDK streaming devices that are effectively claiming certification.

Not so. Why do you think this?

Just load Roon onto the laptop ??.

Definitely not the case. My laptop in Settings==>Audio w/o a pink banner -

Hi @Wim_Brouwer,

Your DAC is not a Roon Ready network endpoint thus the forthcoming changes to Roon’s Roon Ready certification policy do not / will not affect it’s usability with Roon.

Something else is going on here, thus …

Your topic has been moved to the support section of the forum.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Set my ROON backup of Sept-10 back and device (Exogal Comet DAC) is working again!

In other words. yet another instance of a corrupted Roon library.

This topic was automatically closed after 4 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.