Uninstalling Roonserver from win10pro PC

Friends been having issues trying to get roonserver to open on his PC. It does not start automatically on start up. Going to the roonserver folder in local/appdata and clicking on application does not start it either. According to file manager the roonserver folder is 1.86GB large. So we went to control panel and tried to uninstall roonserver which is in the list of programs. Message comes back and says error this program may have already been uninstalled from your computer. Quite odd considering the folder is in app data as it should and shows 1.86GB in size.

We are trying to uninstall the old roonserver and any traces of it and do a new fresh install of roonserver. Any help appreciated. Is it as simple as dragging folder to trash?

BTW task manager does not show roonserver or raatserver open.

Hmm. Misread post. You can of course, just rename that old folder to something like OLD_RoonServer and restart. That way you can be sure nothing has started from that folder. And then do the re-install

Thanks Daniel, anything wrong with just dragging the entire folder and raatserver folder to trash? Would there be remnants still floating arounds windows?

Hi @JAMES_COVERT,

Deleting the RoonServer folder will delete your Roon database. If you want to try with a fresh database you can rename the folder to RoonServer_Old as Daniel suggested to you don’t completely delete your database.

I also have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

@dylan Makes sense, so If I name current roonserver folder to Old_roonserver. Then do a fresh install of roonserver can I then move/replace the old database folder to the new server folder where a empty database folder should reside. Then all my data will be preserved?

Activity be a bit difficult since I cannot get server to open at all, a log file was generated today which I saved and I noted that the version on My PC (Roonserver) is the current version

Hi @JAMES_COVERT,

Yes, by keeping the old folder you can switch back to it by renaming the folder.

The diagnostics report has come through on our end — I’ve passed it along to the team for analysis. I’ll be sure to update you as soon as I’ve received feedback.

If you install the all-in-one Roon instead of RoonServer does the same behavior occur?

Hi @Dylan, Not sure on all in one roon if same behavior exists, I haven’t tried. I renamed old roon server to OLD_roonserver as well as RAAT server. Installed new roonserver and it opens fine on reboot. Music storage HDD is being sent to me so currently there is no music HDD in this stand alone system. I am updating stuff for James and he kept the music HDD. As soon as it arrives I’ll drop in.

Question can I move just my Old database folder to the new install and keep all his metadata?

Hi @JAMES_COVERT,

You’ll want to rename the entire RoonServer folder when switching back to the other database (when RoonServer is not running). If you do this do things continue to work for you?