Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet, Switch TP-Link TL-SG105

Connected Audio Devices

Naim NDX2, Ethernet

Number of Tracks in Library

Albums on HDD 900 (inside Core-machine)
Albums on Qobuz 550

Description of Issue

It happens again and again that when playing an album, the random playback of the tracks is set without this being initiated or intended by me.

The problem is relatively new and seems to have arisen with the latest update. However, it is also possible that it was already there before. I can’t remember the exact time when the difficulties began.

Hey @Stefan_Feldkemper,

Thanks for getting in touch about this — we’re only sorry that we didn’t get a chance to reply sooner than today…:pleading_face:

It seems that you would like to disable the shuffle function, is that correct? If so, it may be a bit counter intuitive, but, the way you can turn off Shuffle is to click it again (at the top left of your screen) and then, select undo on the pop-up (at the bottom of your screen).

For more information about Shuffle, see our product manager’s post:

Hey Rebeka

Thank you for the reply.

Obviously I did not express myself correctly.

My problem is that the playback starts in shuffle mode without my intention.

By the way, I don’t understand your answer either. There is no icon for it on the top left of any of my screens (Mac, iPhone, iPad). And certainly no pop-up appears when I press the icon (top right!).
The post is no help to me either.

Any further support would be appreciated.

Regards

Stefan Feldkemper

Shuffle is set individually on each device so you need to turn them all off.
Shuffle is accessed from the queue.

1 Like

Hey!

Thanks for the quick response.

But of course I know that.

Obviously I still haven’t mad myself clear: Shuffle-mode starts without my intention and without being initiated by me.
this I would like to stop happening.

Regards

Stefan Feldkemper

How are you starting play?
Shuffle doesn’t suddenly set itself so good to know how you start music off and that it doesn’t appear
for example because you are using a different remote that does have it set.

1 Like

Usually I start playing by “pressing” the play button inside an album.

And it does suddenly set itself! That’s the point.

Stefan Feldkemper

I have been surprised to find albums play in random order occasionally too, only to discover shuffle is engaged. I certainly didn’t intentionally set it, but although I don’t exclude the possibility it was something I did unintentionally in passing, I’m watching with interest!