Uniquely Shuffling a Genre in Qobuz or Tidal

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Nucleus.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Nagra and Bel Canto.

Description Of Issue
How do I uniquely shuffle a genre in Qobuz or Tidal?
I cannot seem to find a means of doing this.
Thank you.

Go to the genre and then press the v button and select Roon Radio.

Thank you, Martin…so Roon Radio is a shuffling device for services?

1 Like

Hi Michael,

Shuffle is used with content in your library. So a Jazz Genre Shuffle, will shuffle the tracks from all the jazz genre albums in your library (whether that content is local files or streaming content added to your library).

Roon Radio takes the last track played and using Roon’s Advanced AI, named Valence, and will choose new songs based ON THAT TRACK. The selection could be within genre or not.

At the moment, there is no way to SHUFFLE an entire genre on content NOT in your library and just on the streaming service.

1 Like

Hey @michael_maharam , Daniel has a great suggestion!

• The shuffle function will shuffle everything contained within your library.
  • Roon Radio plays a mix of content from within and outside of your library.

You can always learn more about Roon Radio here when you’re ready! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you, Daniel…so effectively if i hit the Roon Radio button while Roon is playing Segovia from my library, Roon will mine my library plus those services I subscribe to, essentially yielding a comparable result?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.