Uniti Nova doesn't see roon core and vice-versa

That’s your issue it’s in a completely different range to everything else. I would guess the device your using for WiFi is also running a DHCP server and thus a seperate network and for some reason your Roon core is on that network and the Nova the other… You need to log in to it and turn off it’s dhcp.server. Only your router should have DHCP server running or connect the Nova to the same switch.

You might also try connecting the Nova and Mini to the Netgear, so that everything is running from that switch whether wired or wireless. There is likely to be a setting in the Livebox to tell it to function only as a internet modem. This is possibly simpler than changing DHCP settings…

Edit - if the patch cables reach!

Hi @Cemil,

As others have noted, this issue appears to happen because of the two separate subnets that you have set up on your network.

I would use only one of your two DCHP servers, it sounds like both the Livebox and the Netgear are performing DHCP.

It is important to address this, otherwise it will not be possible for Roon to see the Uniti Nova if it resides on the other subnet.

Thank you all for your patience and your guidance.

I’ve finally resolved the issue after a lot of patching and repatching. Finally, moving the Mini’s connection to the livebox on the port adjacent to the where the Nova is connected did it. I think the port I had it connected first (at the other end of the Livebox) is probably a special port which gave a different IP address when I left the system to assign it automatically (started by 168 instead if 198).

All working great now - keeping my fingers crossed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Cemil,

Glad to hear that you have been able to pinpoint the source of the DHCP issues!
If you have any further issues please do feel free to reach out to us again!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.