Roon Core Machine

Unraid 6.9.2 Intel® Core™ i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz 8GB ram

Networking Gear & Setup Details

NBN Australia
BiPAC 8900AX2400, Firmware 2.52.d44

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I am trialling Roon at the moment but I can’t get ARC to work outside the network. I have no trouble getting Plex to work outside the network. I am using an Unraid server to host the core.

I have tried my best to follow various instructions but to no avail.

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“203.aaa.aaa.bbb”,“router_external_ip”:“100.65.12.18”},
“status”: “status”: MultipleNatFound
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.254”,“found_upnp”:true}}

Router Config
Virtual Servers Setup
Server Name External Port Protocol Internal Port Server IP Address WAN Interface Disabled Remove Edit
Start End Start End
(UPnP) RoonMobile_broker/12167f7f-b0dc-4b36-ba9d-e36a44f57f1d 55000 55000 TCP 55000 55000 192.168.1.53 eth5.1

This thread might help

I still have no luck I have tried opening the port manually though an entry is there set automatically buy UDP. I have changed the port and I have tried a different computer for hosting roon core. What do I do next (so far roon is not looking good ARC is the only reason I am interested)

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“203.aaa.aaa.bbb”,“router_external_ip”:“100.65.12.18”},
“status”: MultipleNatFound
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.254”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

Hi @David_Kelly,

In most cases, NBN Australia has implemented carrier-grade network address translation that will scramble your Core’s attempts to reach ARC even with a manual port forwarding rule in place.

Since the manual rule hasn’t been successful, I recommend you review the thread that @Rugby linked above. The affected user is in contact with NBN to pursue workarounds. If a dedicated external IP address is available (or some other way to get around their CG-NAT), the same solution will more than likely work for you.

In the meantime, the Roon team is making progress on improvements to ARC that should circumvent the blockage you’re encountering.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.