Unrecognised files in Roon

Hi,

so I’m a bit new to Roon, I want to replace a bunch of Sonos gear so I can upgrade my main HiFi and keep the streaming and storage aspects.

So - I’m running Roon 1.6 on a Qnap TS451+ with 8GB Ram and an SSD (and a couple 3TB disks). My Music collection consists of a bunch of FLAC files, a Bunch of MP3’s and about 200 Audiobooks - all runs fine apart from…

I have a bunch of audiobook MP3’s that I’d like to be able to navigate (someone suggested setting up tags to organise them and I’m cool with that) - but Roon has decided that some of them are Corrupt MP3’s and so they don’t appear ready to be tagged or anything. They are not Corrupt - Sonos plays them fine and I can access them and play them through a laptop (or MacBook) and they all work. The only thing I can see is they are a little on the large size for an MP3 (some are 40Hr Audiobooks and the biggest at a quick glance is 1.37GB). I don’t really want to have them stored as chapters - but any suggestions on what to do or what is up with Roon ?

Thanks

Mark

They could be corrupt to Roon’s eyes and yet playable in Sonos. The corruption could just be one or two audible clicks that you wouldn’t care about. I would suggest you use a tool like Foobar or DBPowerAmp to resample and resave the files and try again to import into Roon.

+1 - this approach is worth a try. I used this method to fix all the files in my collection that Roon had labeled as corrupt. To bad it doesn’t work on public officials.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.