Unrequested free tracks

I have a simple setup consisting of an IPad Air, Meridian Zone Controller and an AVI S21MI Laboratory Series Amplifier driving two SCM35 ATC speakers. The M zone controller connects to a QNAP NAS via our network. It all works just fine and the M zone controller has really brought magic to the sound produced. There is M 504 FM tuner also connected into the M zone controller.

In our small music collection I keep finding free samples. These consist of a CD cover and if one investigates there is always a single track within. These do not appear because of any action on my part.

I wish to prevent this happening altogether for good. It is causing considerable annoyance. How do I do it.

All the best,

Geoff

If you are using Tidal (you don’t say for certain), it is likely that your Tidal account has been hacked. Go in to the Tidal desktop app and look in tracks, playlists and videos and delete them there. Then you must reset your Tidal password and make VERY strong. Go back into Roon and login again with the new password. This should take care of it. This happened to me and many others here.

Hello @Geoff,

Other than the suggestion that @bobflood has posted, if this is happening with local content I would check to see the file path for the “sample file” and see if it wasn’t automatically added because it resides on your NAS.
You can check the file path by navigating to the album -> right-click selecting the track -> pressing the 3-dot drop down menu -> View File Info. Please post a screenshot of this file info, it should look something like this:

Thanks,
Noris

That’s really helpful; many thanks. I shall report on progress ASAP.

Best wishes,

Geoff
Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion. I did subscribe to tidal only about 6 weeks ago and that would fit in with the time frame when this annoying phenomenon has been occuring. I shall try out these suggestion ASAP and advice how I am progressing.

All the best,

Geoff
Hello Noris,
I do not have Roon installed on either of the PC’s attached to my network.I have tried to install Roon Remote just to browse my library and carry out your instructions.

I control Roon using an IPad and a Meridian 218 zone controller. The Core (version 1.5 build 363), sits on a QNAP TS-251+. When trying to install Roon remote I get the message that the installer was unable to start correctly. Could this be because I do not have OpenGL 3.0 installed. My PC is 64 bit, but I tried both 32 and 64 bit installers.

FYI I do not have a Tidal Account and have only registered in order to purchase a couple of CD’s. However this has provided me with a Tidal login for which I have changed the password.

Please can you advise the best way forward.

Thanks,

Geoff

Hello @Geoff,

Can you please let me know what graphics card you are using that it does not have OpenGL? I can do a quick search to see if this card may have drivers associated with it but OpenGL is a requirement for installing Roon so that is why it is not starting.

Seeing the file path should also work from your iPad if it’s a local track, if it is a TIDAL track then this file path will not be displayed since it does not have a storage location associated with it. You can check to see if the track is a TIDAL track if there is a little ‘T’ symbol next to the track or album, please let me know if this issue re-occurs with your TIDAL password changed.

Thanks,
Noris

8 posts were split to a new topic: Unable to install Roon Remote App